APPR, unfunded mandates, the property tax cap, decreased state aid, excessing, increased class size and reduction in elective opportunities are just a few examples of the obstacles that educators face on a daily basis.
While some of these issues can be discussed and addressed, to an extent, at the local level, it is crucial that we also make our voices heard at the state level. The Governor and Legislators are currently discussing potential legislation which may render those devastating obstacles nearly insurmountable. As educators and union members, we must educate ourselves on the politics of education.
- Sign up for text alerts from the NYSUT Member Action Center. Just text NYSUT to 38470.
- Check out the UTN’s Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/UTNorthport.
- Head over to our “Links” page and brows the informative websites: https://unitedteachersofnorthport.com/links/
- Like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/unitedteachersofnorthport
- Subscribe to our website: https://unitedteachersofnorthport.com/
Send this post to as many UTN members you know! If you would like to contribute to the website, please contact us.